Aug 19, 2008

Busan + GyeongJu II : Beomeosa Temple

Beomeosa Temple at Mt. Geumjeong, Busan - one of the representative traditional architecture in South Korea.


This lljumun (146th treasure) is the 1st gate to the temple to make a boundary between the mundane world and the sacred world. More gates to come!


The Beomeosa 3-storey stone pagoda is presumed to have established in the 9th century! It is considered the 250th treasure :) Check out the mountain behind, its a gorgeous backdrop for the temple!



Apparently, fall is just around the corner! I guess the underside of the leaves turn red earlier because they receive lesser sunlight, no?




Nina and I were obsessed with bamboos! We took countless photos of them in different camera settings and composition! Here are 3 from my camera for your viewing pleasure :)


Zhong Lou reminded me of the Anglican Zhong Lou hahaha!


Steep steps everywhere in the temple driving people with short legs like me crazy.



Daewoongjeon (434th treasure) shows of the woodcraft of the Joseon Dynasty.


Temple stay is available too! The program gives ordinary people chances to experience the temple life of practicing monks and appreciate 1st hand traditional culture.


Guess whats going on behind the wooden fence?


Women and kids washing the dishes after lunch!


Other kids experiencing the temple stay programme.





Nina and I were crazily taking photos of this butterfly! Daddy you want to buy DSLR? Hahahaha I think this is the 1001th time Im asking! Ok lah, my current Ixus 75 is not bad I must admit ;)


Stone carvings are a common sight in the temple! I don't understand a word actually =x



People resting by the waterfall. Overall I think Koreans lead a very healthy lifestyle, perhaps due to their abundance of nature reserves and eco-friendly environment.

Next up: Yut's life in GyeongJu and Busan!

0 comments: