Aug 19, 2008

Busan + GyeongJu III : Yut and her journey to the Southeast


Our coach stopped over here for a short toilet break! Diagonal parking lots are a common sight in South Korea!


Some make-shift stalls taking up the parking lots to do business.


Very pretty english-style storefront selling beverages at the terminal.


Thats what we do in the midst of the 5 hour long journey from Seoul to Gyeongju!


Nicole and I shared a basket of grilled potatoes! They taste really blend and we had to add a few spoonful of salt on our own.



Some scenery along the way.


Helpful Adeline and Sky helped us booked our bus tickets to Busan for the next day! :)


A vending machine for...


BOOKS!!


Our accomodation in GyeongJu - Hanjin Hostel, popularly known for its friendly owner, Mr Kwon.


I like this shot. Old school calender marks the date of our arrival!


The hostel looked really run down and we were brought to the back of the kitchen...




This is what we see outside our room! Guess how pathetic our room looked...


ta-da! 7 girls squeezed in this master bedroom! Actually it wasnt planned like that but well, we thought this could be an unforgettable experience =X And I bet it truly was.


Not bad la, at least there's some decorations on the wall to serve as photo backdrop! Lirong looks pretty here :)


Everyone getting ready to sleep :) Haha we don't look too happy, of course!



So that was how I spent my first night outside Seoul! I opted to sleep on the floor because I felt that it was something different from my usual experience when travelling abroad! Moreover, traditional korean houses don't have mattress isn't it? :)


The next day we travelled for an hour to Busan! I guess Hanjin hostel lowered down everyone's expectations for our accomodation in Busan. Due to the lack of rooms in the hostels and apartments, Yingying and I shared a room in a Queen's Motel! Thou we paid almost twice more than the rest who stayed in apartments and hostels, we got to enjoy the luxurious facilities I guess.


Welcome to Queen's Motel! We had a hard time looking for it when we got off from the subway station! All thanks to many helpful Koreans who helped us find our way despite have difficulties conversing!


My first time staying in a motel! I've always relate motel to the red light district I don't know why! =X


Outside our motel.


See? You get what u pay for - a spacious private washroom at our convenience.


Having the traumatic experience in GyeongJu, who wouldn't be glad to put up in a motel the next day? I guess its all about value for money!


We had complimentary breakfast in the kitchen at the entrance level. Complimentary breakfast = toast your own bread and put your own spread though everything is provided.


Busan's tourism industry has definitely put in some hard work to boost their economy. We see students in sash at some designated subway stations specially there to help tourists cope with the transport system!


Last but not least, Jeremy!!!!! This photo is for you! I am so tempted to play arcade after seeing this laaaaah! Wahahahaa! I hope u are not wasting money playing this in the SG arcades anymore haha!

Next up: UN Memorial Park, Busan.

0 comments: