Aug 18, 2008

Busan+GyeongJu I : Busan Asiad Main Stadium

It was Independence Day on Friday so the girls made a trip to GyeongJu and Busan over the long weekend for an architectural pilgrimage! Tons of photos awaiting to be published but first let me bring you to the Busan Stadium, built for the 2002 Asian Games and was also used for matches in the 2002 Football World Cup.




The stadium looked like snow caps from afar! How apt is that when the mountain is just right behind! I wonder how it looked like in winter! Ooooooooooooooooooooow :)



The gynaesium and the swimming complex respectively.



If only I had seen this b4 my previous project! I didnt know how to detail my canopy roof then! Argh.




Precast RC concrete I guessed. Awesome.



Repeat patterns - structural and ornamental.








My first time in an empty stadium! Free entry makes the journey there worthwhile ;)


Don't u think Nina jumps with an atitude? We all love this shot!


A sculpture on the way back to the subway station from the stadium. It is actually a continuation of another sculpture 100m away. A pity my Ixus couldn't capture it.


Next up: Beomeosa Temple

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello!

nice pictures there! nice precast concrete.

and dont cry dont cry, haha i know u miss normal pple like the BITCH and the kuda-MAN, but still have lotsa fun in korea!

and kindly update me on ur wish list. u know 22nd is like this fri?!?! i dont want anything sent to u(if there is any) to be lost midway or delivered to the wrong address!

Yut said...

haiya. i wan ipod touch but by the time i get hold of it it will be 2009! im afraid there will be new models by then. how? :(


yah i miss normal ppl so badly!


yah i love those photos! Nicer ones to come!