Jan 25, 2009

The new year resolution

To put it simply, I believe theres more than architecture in my life.

Its time to stop saying NO to social activities during school term. I have to learn to make time. I need to enrich myself this year. I want to change my lifestyle. I have to get inspired from my own life!

I am proud to say that going back to yoga was a first step. I started the sport within a week of my return because I know I need to do something more than architecture this semester. Something for myself.

After attending a theatrical performance and an outdoor classical music concert in Korea, and perhaps it was the influence of Professor Shin, who brought us to 3 other plays, I want to expose myself to the Arts. I was upset that the student consession tickets for CATS musical and Design for Living were sold out. Fortunately the National Museum of Singapore could keep me occupied this month with the exhibition, COME-IN. Anyone interested? Free admission by the way.

I always believe that art classes help to nurture good temper and of course, gives one deeper insights into art appreciation, so I looked up the NAFA and LASELLE-SIA website for their enrichment programmes recently. Its a pity that their western oil painting classes clashed with my timetable. I would love to seek inspiration from paintings and at the same time tame hot-temper and impatience!

Its going to be an exciting year ahead with RIBA taking up most of my energy in the first half of the year. Nevertheless, I will continue to lead a more balanced life this 2009! Go Go Fighting!!!

0 comments: