Oct 5, 2008

identity crisis!

Somehow you know the country's places of interest better when you are a foreigner there, as compared to the locals. Its just like how Smith and Dave know the roads in SG better than I do while I know the way around Insa-dong better than Smith!


Smith loves Singapore. I love Korea. Smith loves SIM. I love HYU. Tell me about patriotism.


I was treated to this really good BBQ chicken with cheese near Jonggak Stn. Im drooling at the sight of it!


ha! Both of us got excited upon seeing this! Unfortunately we were too full from the awesome lunch to squeeze in more toasts. They are expensive here anyway! How I miss Kaya :(


Smith and his obsession with DSLR. The funny thing is, my Singaporean friends flocked to Korea to buy DSLR while our dear Mr Korean couldnt wait any longer and bought one in Singapore just weeks before he flew back. Im sure he knows the price!


I couldn recognise Dave! He came in a nice white jacket and vintage shades and nicely done up hair which is so different from the sg-style t-shirt n jeans combination I last saw him wearing at SG's Yum Cha!


A big thank you to Jeremy for expanding my social circle across the seas! Without a doubt, our converation topics never fail to revolve around Jeremy too!


Somehow... this guy opposite our table walked into my camera. Mr Nice Side Profile :)


I forgot the name of this building in Insa-dong though it was my 3rd time there. I love how the ramp go through the entire building and bring you from one shop to another without realising it.


There were no specific storey. The entire building is a ramp. How cool is that?


Art installations integrated into the building. Photo taking corners like these attracted couples and friends alike.


and Smith too!


We looked down and saw the making of some bean paste at the courtyard.


According to Dave, the starbucks in Insa-dong is the only branch in Korea that has STARBUCKS written in Korean! Its not imitation ok!

I had a good day with them in Seoul. I really appreciate their time for bringing me around despite meeting me merely twice in SG. May I repeat, Koreans are just soooooo hospitable! Well, at least those that I've met so far.

More great pictures to come if I manage to get them from Smith. Actually I prefer his Korean name, Sung Woo.

.
.
.
.

Just last week, I visited him at a private hospital upon knowing his admission the night before. A mosquito bite turned into a huge sore on his forearm and a surgery was needed. Eeew, Im afraid of mosquitoes now. There are many in Ansan. =X


Smith and his new hairstyle ;)

Given my sense of direction, it was expected of me to lose my way to the hospital. However, the worse is that I actually reached the hospital on time, but decided to go to a mart nearby to get him fruits and magazines and who knows I will lose my way back from the mart to the hospital! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Anyway, I hope he is fine now. Mr Korea shd be in Singapore now if nothing goes wrong!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hohoho the mall in korea looks so nice!! i want to go korea too!!

Yut said...

i want you to come korea tooooooo! or shall we go japan tgr? teeheehee!

Anonymous said...

HAHA. whats the cheapest air ticket since i can save on accomodation cuz im gonna leech on u!!! haha but u have a roommate. OH NO!