Jul 7, 2008

Doing the Karen Cheng

Thankfully Jia Rong accompanied me to the charity event "Doing the Karen Cheng" on Sat at Indochine. For those not in the know, Karen invited her readers to take outfit photos of themselves in mirrors, the way she often does for her blog posts.


I prefer Indochine in the day. You get the sunlight through the glass roof while u are pampered in the air-conditioned courtyard. Nice.


Karen looks gorgeous in the red dress from funkiejunkie.

Yep, so everyone dressed up for the event and donated at least $10 to the Red Cross. I was quite thrilled to see some of the fashion bloggers there, like Dottie and Stephie from Fashion Nation. It felt as if you know them for months but it was in fact the first time I see them in person. Thats how powerful blogs are huh?





Oh by the way, Dottie's fierce shoes are gorgeous when I saw them at the charity! I hope I can get them in Jpn or Korea. Singapore's still in the stage of gladiators, my god. Whats worse is that everywhere is flooded with t-bars and gladiators, be it cheaply mass produced or not. It really irks me whenever I see gladiators with shorts and t-shirts strolling down Orchard Road. Not to mention typical Singaporeans in beach wear lugging a Longchamp or Agnes b. - a total disaster. Refer to the Sunday Times for a defination of Singapore's beach wear. I couldnt agree more.

Ok I've digressed.


Thats us doing the Karen Cheng with Karen. Isnt she a beauty? One could hardly believe she's 30 with 2 kids!


On our way to The Central, we thought Clarke Quay was really different in the day! There were a few interesting restaurants which we hav pretty much neglected in the night! One of the Indian restaurant caught my attention with a stacked glass facade.


This is awefully nice. I regret not taking more pictures of it. 5mm thick glass stacked on top of one another to create tectonics. It reminded me of the Laminata House in Germany and Mint Toy Museum at Seah St by our very own Chan Soo Khian. Interesting!


Mint Toy Museum


Lamina House - vertically stacked thick glass to create visual translucency.


Clarke Quay has nice backgrd colours for photo taking!


Love this shot by JR! Outside Central.



Our delicious but sinful snacks!

Its really hard to find someone to go to events like this with me, esp when like-minded friends like Qing Ling and Ling went Europe. Im glad I found you, JR! :)

0 comments: