Jun 5, 2008

Couture labels = Lust, Caution!!

At 6.30pm, I bravely shut down my computer and pushed in my chair, bidded silent goodbyes to my colleagues (behind the team leader!) and then hurried off to meet Edwin and Hwee Tiat.


I tell you, the feeling is...
SHIOK TO THE MAX!

For the first time after working for a month at DP, Im seeing daylight (my office has no windows by the way) in the evening! Most importantly, I managed to reach Orchard by 7pm!

We went to hunt for HT's wallet from Burberry to Dunhill to Mont Blanc to AgnesB. to Kate Spade to Coach to Salvatore Ferragamo to Potter to Loewe to Gucci!


I tell you again, the feeling is...
DAMN SHIOK TO THE MAX!

Burberry and Gucci are having sale but not storewide though. Its 30% for selected items at Gucci. He eventually settled for the Gucci one which I agreed was gorgeous (then again, when will I ever say NO to Gucci!?) despite my advice on the leather lining.

By the way, my wallet can't be repaired as the warrenty covers only INNER LINING (screams: WHAT THE HELL! INNER LINING IS GENUINE LEATHER OF COURSE WONT TEAR LAH! IT WOULDN COST 500 BUCKS IF IT WILL!) . Edwin said I was cheated and I truly felt so. If I could turn back time, Burberry would be my #1 choice! Life leaves no room for regrets my dear.

Ok FINE, as you may have expected, a $560 Gucci tote caught my eye. Its not the latest design but like HT said, IT DOESNT MATTER BECAUSE IT IS GUCCI! AND IT SUITS ME PERFECTLY FOR SCHOOL!


AND IT SUITS ME PERFECTLY
AND IT SUITS ME PERFECTLY
AND IT SUITS ME PERFECTLY

Oh GAWD. He shdn't have said that, really. It just keep repeating in my head! The bag doesnt have any leather lining so it doesnt worry me that it will tear like the wallet. OH GOSH. THIS DOESNT HELP EITHER.

Did I mention that I am in love with Agnesb.'s hp chains and charms? I think they win all other haute couture labels handsdown! The silver and the signature b is so much more sophisticated than those huge chunky barbaric leather ones from Gucci and worse, Coach (No offense but I hate Coach more than anything else!) At almost the same price (<$100), a wise buyer will definitely go for silver and the distinct logo over a cheap-looking meaningless alphabert cut out from left-over leather ya?

***

The other day when we went to apply our Visas for the Korea trip, I told the girls about my decision not to get the Blue Label. Surprisngly, they arn't helping my bank acct!

Lirong, who thinks LV is PVC equivalent and Prada is hideous and made of raincoat, said that its worth it to buy an expansive leather bag if it is really much cheaper there!

Hui Xian, who had just receieved her Tiffany necklace and soon-to-be Kate Spade wallet said that it shdnt be a prob if everyone from the Korea trip chip in to buy it as my 21st birthday gift. (not that Im asking for it blatantly here... I'll be glad to receive cash too WAHAHAHA!)


My friends are more encouraging than I thought!
..............................................
.................................
.....................
............
.....



... So much for taking 1 whole month to rationalise the idea of NOT BUYING A BLUE LABEL.


With 2 birthday parties, 2 farewell dinners and 1 Fathers Day this June, I see half my salary bidding me a silent goodbye!

0 comments: