May 10, 2009

the post-drama attack

is back again! I've just finished 꽃보다남자 (Boys Before Flowers), the korean version of Hana Yori Dango, a.k.a Taiwan's Meteor Gardens! I am not the kind who watch the same show twice, so I wasn't tempted to watch BBF even when Michelle told me that the Korean F4 is way better looking than the Taiwanese! Then I chanced upon the reviews of the 3 versions of Hana Yori Dango on the Sunday Times a few months back and they gave the Korean version the highest rating of all in terms of the cast and the plot! And I know, this time, again, DIE DIE MUST WATCH.


I thought the male lead (in the middle) resembled the Dao Ming Si in Meteor Gardens but I was wrong after watching the entire drama. HE IS WAY MORE HANDSOME. HAHAHAHA!

The drama made its debut in Korea on 5.1.2009, the day I return from Korea! The filming was actually going on even after the drama was released, so it was insanely hectic for the crew. The filming on ended on 29.03, 2 days before the last episode aired on 31.03! I cannot imagine how stressful the post-production crew was!

Anyway, the delay was partly due to unfortunate car accidents that happened to the female lead and 1 of the F4 member in the midst of filming. HA! Now you know how much research I have done after watching the drama!!


This is 지후 선배, equivelent to Vic Chow's character in Meteor Garden, except that in BBF, his feelings for the female lead was expressed more vividly. This actor is the leader of the korean boyband SS501 and is only 23 years old this year!


Here's the heartthrob of the drama - male lead 이민호 as 구준표, a.k.a Dao Ming Si of Meteor Garden. See, the fashion sense is just.. there. Men's Oxfords and rolled up pants on this lanky 183cm tall simply blew me away! Can you believe that he is only 22 this year?! Hello fellow 1987!!


Its not clear here but the bento was awfully cute! Haiya, you just have to watch the drama!!!


This will be what you have been waiting for since the day you are captivated by the drama. Please watch it! Channel U will be airing it starting from 16 May, every saturday at 9.30pm.

Of course, with fame comes people digging your old photographs and relationship history. Some fans of 이민호 found a neoprint of the actor with his ex-girlfriend 4 years back!


And all im trying to prove is, he is good looking from young!! WAHAHAHAHA!


I saw this neat comparison of the casts from the 3 versions from a korean's blog. The Korean version is on the left, Japanese in the middle and Taiwanese on the right. Which one do u fancy? HAHAHAHA!


I think this one is a tough fight but personally I hated Vic Chow's weak and sickly image so Im definitely not voting for him!


You mean, the Japanese and the Taiwanese are in the league for comparison? HA!


I guess the Korean looked "most human" among the 3 =X Can you believe that the Korean is 19 year old this year?!


I still think that there are some similarities between the man on the left and the right! Perhaps its the image of the character in the original manga that mould all the actors into the same look. Judging from the photos I will still go for 이민호! =D


Last but not least the female lead! This is a tough one because the Japanese seemed to look pretty good. I haven't watch Hana Yori Dango and I don't intend to.


Its amazing how such a ridiculous fantasy unrealistically romantic plot could garner so many fans worldwide! It seemed that the 4 lucky actors who got the role of F4 will definitely shoot to fame overnight, be it in Taiwan, Japan or Korea. Its no wonder the casting in Korea was carefully done over a month and 이민호 actually went for the casting of the lead role with a permed hair similar to the original manga! Obviously his hard work had paid off with the fame that leads him to many commercial ads after the drama was aired.

Im so obsessed with the show now! I finished watching the drama and the talk show at 5am last night and I even dreamt of 이민호!! Images of him from the drama kept appearing in my mind even when I was doing yoga! At a point of time I nearly decided to go Korea again this holiday! Of course this thought wasn't entirely a post-drama decision. It has always been in my mind and it just got stronger after the chat with becca and gina last night. We had a great catching up on topics the guys deemed "cheem" and "intellectual" HAHAHHA! I really enjoyed the conversion last night because it was a topic i found hard to find someone who could understand but yet something i truly want to share with my friends after my time in Korea.

Thanks Becca and Gina :) It was really great time for me. It may be simple, unplanned and nothing memorable, but it meant a great deal to me!! HAHHAHA!!! :D



Okay, Im going to find my next drama. Im really enjoying my life as an Otaku for now. HEE HEE!! OTAKU Wannabe! I wanna be an Otaku!

0 comments: