Jul 8, 2009

1 mrt station in every 3km?


now.


future. (click on the img for a clearer view)

Im really excited about the future Singapore! The 3 current lines (NS, EW and NEL) are definitely insufficient within the island! The current map looked too simple for a developed nation! Accessibility issues can also be addressed with more specific but shorter lines like Bukit Timah Line (BTL) and Eastern Region Line (ERL). I cant wait to see the transformation!!


I miss Seoul sooooooooo much!! When I thought this looked confusing enough...


Tokyo greeted me with this! Half the time I couldnt figure out the system! I was really thankful to have Jin around then!

Japan and Moscow are known to have the busiest metro system in the world. Now lets compare it with Moscow's.




I think its really interesting to see subway maps to get a brief idea of how the city is laid out. I assume that the metro's radial plan mirrors the city plan of circular and radial streets. I don't know, but I think they are very suggestive!? Just my two cents worth ;)

0 comments: