Mar 19, 2009

Melissa + Zaha and VW

My favourite brand for affordable footwear never fail to disappoint me. Its no surprise to see the Brazilian fashion label, Melissa, collaborating with designers. Howevre this time, its none other than ZAHA HADID, the starchitect we all love and hate!





Photo credits: Yanko Design

Available in the 4 colours above, Zaha Hadid took 2 years to come up with this "form", or what people say, "designer crocs". Like her architecture, the lines are smooth and fluid. And like all her buildings, I foresee a controversy when the shoe is release in May '09, what say you?


I was thrilled to see Melissa's collaboration with Vivienne Westwood. Modern, high quality and yet affordable - thats why I like Melissa!





Arn't you tempted to get one!?!


I saw this pair by Edson Matsuo in the Melissa website recently. From the photograph I couldn tell if the shoe is entirely plastic or partially suede. From my personal experience, the plastic shoes from Melissa are amazingly comfortable and very very long lasting! Plus, plastics are very washable so you don't have to worry about stains!


Melissa shoes could be found in all NOVO outlets locally.

0 comments: